Wednesday, 16 January 2013

1st week in.

I was back... my third (and hopefully most successful time at Slimming World).

I had the motivation to loose weight, I had the support to loose weight now I just had to prove to myself I could do it.

I knew I was overweight, I always had been on the slightly larger side to put it nicely and only being 5ft 1" doesn't help.

I have had two caesareans within 14 months of each other, the most recent 20 weeks ago. I had finished four years of steroid treatment for endometriosis which didn't help my weight either.

I knew it was time to do something different, I didn't want to be the fat friend/girlfriend/daughter or mum anymore.

I was 16st 10lbs - the heaviest I had ever been. I was embarrassed and disgusted that I could let myself get like that, I wouldn't tell anyone what I weighed, I hated looking at myself in the mirror.


My first day didn't start off as well as I had hoped and I nearly gave up at the first hurdle, skipped breakfast skipped lunch and didn't eat till dinner. I was tempted to go off track totally but I didn't, I knew if I did that there would be no hope for the rest of the week so chicken & bacon salad it was!

My first week was surprisingly easy, I didn't have to change dinner time meals too much to what I was already cooking. For me it was making sure I was eating three meals a day, with a new born baby I would often get to dinner time and realise I hadn't eaten or had a drink all day.

Breakfast was porridge or toast (HEB) with milk or cheese (HEA).

I could easily not use any syns in a day, I was saving them for the weekend. I needed chocolate!

Since being with my partner I have developed somewhat of a sweet tooth, I know I could still eat chocolate on slimming world but I wanted to try and save this for weekends only.

Some meals this week:
Chicken stir fry with vegetables noodles and an Asda Chow Mein sauce
Homemade burgers, slimming world chips and salad
Cottage pie, new potatoes and vegetables

1 comment:

  1. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you have to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Win your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete